31/08/2010

Rabbi.

I keep hearing the rhythm of the rabbis voice;
'And now say: Amen.'
Say it if it helps but don't say it for my sake,
my sake is lying motionless with me.
I keep thinking in the rhythm of the rabbis voice;
the ups and the downs
eyes and chins to the ground
so tears can roll easily
and he
can speak
calmly so we
can understand
and he can recite poetry
and he can recite prayers
and I can hear
and I can think
in the rhytm of the rabbis of the voice.
Say it if it helps,
if you need to,
if you think it is the right thing to do,
for you,
but do not say it for my sake;
My sake has been forsaken by my mortality.
For you
say it
but do
not
say it for me.
Say it by me
as I lay.
And I'll know, just before I stop knowing,
that I'll lay by you and you will think it was the right thing to do,
by you.
But do
not do
it for me.
Listen carefully to the ups and down chins to the ground
of the rabbis voice.
I am certain that he will recite poetry.
For you.
For me.
For my sake lying cold with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment